By Dom Nozzi
November 22, 2016
Has American politics shifted to the Right as Democrats move to the political Right? Or are the Democrats and Republicans shifting sides?
Wars started by Democrats https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061003172851AAZgpzV
Bill Clinton passed NAFTA, gutted welfare, and exploded the prison population.
Richard Nixon established the Environmental Protection Agency.
Ronald Reagan reduced American weapons more than any president in US history.
Barrack Obama says to look forward, not backward (no Wall Street bankers or “War on Terror” torturers imprisoned).
Jimmy Dore on Democrats acting like Republicans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4dG0dpiMV0
Bill Clinton’s legacy:
- The multi-lateral free trade deal NAFTA (still in effect and destroying American manufacturing).
- The “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” ban on openly LGBT people serving in our Armed Forces (repealed many years after Bill Clinton left office).
- The federal “Defense of Marriage Act” that prohibited the federal government from recognizing same-sex marriages (ruled unconstitutional by a conservative U.S. Supreme Court many years after Bill Clinton left office).
- The “Religious Freedom Restoration Act” federal religious discrimination statute (still in effect and used by the U.S. Supreme Court to allow private-sector businesses to discriminate against women).
- The gutting of America’s welfare system (still in effect).
- The 1994 Omnibus Crime Bill (many provisions are still in effect and contributing America’s mass incarceration problem).
More evidence of Democrats acting like Republicans:
- Obama guts habeas corpus, which puts him “above the law” (and hands such a hideous loss of rights over to Fascist Donald Trump in the process). http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-suspension-of-habeas-corpus-in-america/5311701 and http://realnewsrightnow.com/2016/10/obama-to-issue-temporary-suspension-of-habeas-corpus-in-north-dakota/ and http://www.salon.com/2009/04/11/bagram_3/
- Hillary Clinton is a Republican. https://domdangerous.wordpress.com/2016/10/15/a-progressive-responds-to-the-hillary-clinton-bullies/ and https://domdangerous.wordpress.com/2017/01/31/hillary-clinton-is-a-republican/
- “Arguably, President Reagan made more progress in reducing the threat of nuclear weapons in his second term than any other President, Democrat or Republican. While his eventual support for the abolition of nuclear weapons is widely known, his ambitious efforts to reduce the dangers posed by nuclear weapons deserve more attention.” http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/27/republican-presidents-efforts-to-reduce-nuclear-arms/
- Obama has adopted the largest military budgets in US history: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/war_stories/2016/02/president_obama_s_military_budget_is_still_one_of_the_biggest_ever.html and http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nicolas-j-s-davies/the-record-us-military-bu_b_8227820.html and http://www.globalresearch.ca/obamas-military-budget-the-largest-since-world-war-ii/5342906 and http://www.cfr.org/defense-budget/trends-us-military-spending/p28855